[ClusterLabs] ocf_heartbeat_IPaddr2 - Real MAC of interface is revealed

Andreas M. Iwanowski namezero at afim.info
Tue Mar 13 03:16:21 EDT 2018

Dear folks,

We are currently trying to set up a multimaster cluster and use a cloned ocf_heartbeat_IPaddr2 resource to share the IP address.

We have, however, run into a problem that, when a cluster member is taken offline, the MAC for the IP address changes from the multicast-MAC to the interface mac of the remaining host.
When the other host is put pack online, pings to the cluster IP time out when it changes back to multicast (until the ARP cache on the router expires).

Is there any way to prevent network devices from learning the interface MACs? I.e. even if one host is servicing both resources, use the multicast MAC?
Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the pcs status:
===========================
Cluster name: test_svc
WARNING: corosync and pacemaker node names do not match (IPs used in setup?)
Stack: corosync
Current DC: host1 (version 1.1.16-12.el7_4.8-94ff4df) - partition with quorum
Last updated: Tue Mar 13 07:12:07 2018
Last change: Sun Mar 11 17:17:04 2018 by hacluster via crmd on host1

2 nodes configured
2 resources configured

Online: [ host1 host2 ]

Full list of resources:

 Clone Set: RedmineIP-clone [RedmineIP] (unique)
     RedmineIP:0        (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started host1
     RedmineIP:1        (ocf::heartbeat:IPaddr2):       Started host2

Daemon Status:
  corosync: active/disabled
  pacemaker: active/disabled
  pcsd: active/enabled