[ClusterLabs] copy file

Mevo Govo govomevo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:35:02 UTC 2018

Hi,
Thank for advices, I'm thinking an optimal config for us. While the DB is
working, it would do native DB replication. But oracle needs synchronized
controlfiles when it starts normally. I can save the file before overwrite
it. Currently I mean this (c1, c2, c3, c4, c5, c6 are control files):

c1: on node A, local file system
c2: on node A, on DRBD device1
c3: on node A, on DRBD device2 (FRA)
c4: on node B, on DRBD device2 (FRA)
c5: on node B, on DRBD device1
c6: on node B, local file system

c2+c3 is a "standard" oracle config. c2 is replicated into FRA (fast
recovery area of oracle). c1 (and c6) is just if all data in DRBD is lost.
c1, c2, c3, c4, c5 (but not c6) are in sync while DB runs on node A.
(c1,c2,c3: native DB replication, c2-c5, c3-c4 DRBD replication, protocol C)
When I switch from node A to node B, c6 is out of sync (older version). I
can (and I will) save it before overwrite by c5. But if c5 is corrupt,
manual repair is needed, and there are other replications to repair it (c4,
c3, c2, c1)
If c1 and c6 would be the same file on an nfs filesystem, there would be a
replication outside of DRBD without this "copy sync" problem. But in this
case, the fail of only one component (the nfs) would cause unavailable the
oracle DB on both node. (oracle DB stops if either of controlfile is lost
or corrupted. No automatic reapair happens)
As I think, the above consideration is similar to 3 node.
If we trust DRBD, no c1 and c6 would be needed, but we are new users of
DRBD.
Thanks: lados.