[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker not restarting Resource on same node

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 12:58:59 EDT 2018

28.06.2018 18:35, Dileep V Nair пишет:

> Hi,
>
> 	I have a cluster with DB2 running in HADR mode. I have used the db2
> resource agent. My problem is whenever DB2 fails on primary it is migrating
> to the secondary node. Ideally it should restart thrice (Migration
> Threshold set to 3) but not happening. This is causing extra downtime for
> customer. Is there any other settings / parameters which needs to be set.
> Did anyone face similar issue ? I am on pacemaker version 1.1.15-21.1.

It is impossible to answer without good knowledge of application and
resource agent. From quick look at resource agent, it removes master
score from current node if database failure is detected which means
current node will not be eligible for fail-over.

Note that pacemaker does not really have concept of "restarting resource
on the same node". Every time it performs full node selection using
current scores. It usually happens to be "same node" simply due to
non-zero resource stickiness by default. You could attempt to adjust
stickiness so that final score will be larger than master score on
standby. But that also needs agent cooperation - are you sure agent will
even attempt to restart failed master locally?