[ClusterLabs] corosync-qdevice doesn't daemonize (or stay running)

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Thu Jun 21 05:11:29 EDT 2018

On 19/06/18 18:47, Jason Gauthier wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 6:58 AM Christine Caulfield <ccaulfie at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> The process doesn't stay running.  I've showed in output of qnet below
>>> that it launches, connected, and disconnects. I've rebooted several
>>> times since then (testing stonith). I can provide strace output if
>>> it's helpful.
>>>

>> yes please
>
> Attached!

That's very odd. I can see communication with the server and corosync in
there (do it's doing something) but no logging at all. When I start
qdevice on my systems it logs loads of messages even if it doesn't
manage to contact the server. Do you have any logging entries in
corosync.conf that might be stopping it?

Where did the binary come from? did you build it yourself or is it from
a package? I wonder if it's got corrupted or is a bad version. Possibly
linked against a 'dodgy' libqb - there have been some things going on
there that could cause logging to go missing in some circumstances.

Honza (the qdevice expert) is away at the moment, so I'm guessing a bit
here anyway!

Chrissie