[ClusterLabs] Resources not monitored in SLES11 SP4 (1.1.12-f47ea56)

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue Jun 26 07:45:14 UTC 2018

26.06.2018 09:14, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We just observed some strange effect we cannot explain in SLES 11 SP4 (pacemaker 1.1.12-f47ea56):
> We run about a dozen of Xen PVMs on a three-node cluster (plus some infrastructure and monitoring stuff). It worked all well so far, and there was no significant change recently.
> However when a colleague stopped on VM for maintenance via cluster command, the cluster did not notice when the PVM actually was running again (it had been started not using the cluster (a bad idea, I know)).

To be on a safe side in such cases you'd probably want to enable
additional monitor for a "Stopped" role. Default one covers only
"Started" role. The same thing as for multistate resources, where you
need several monitor ops, for "Started/Slave" and "Master" roles.
But, this will increase a load.
And, I believe cluster should reprobe a resource on all nodes once you
change target-role back to "Started".