[ClusterLabs] Fencing libvirt

Jason Gauthier jagauthier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 21:39:50 EDT 2018

Greetings,

   Previously, I was using fiber channel with block devices.  I used
sbd to fence the disks, by creating a small block device, and then
using stonith to fence the physical disk block.

However, I had some reliability issues with that (I believe it was the
fibre channel interfacing, not clustering).  So, I've moved everything
to NFS.

My only resources are virtual machines running with KVM.    So, I am
trying to figure out what I should fence.  I saw stonith has a module,
external/libvirt, and that seems like it might work. But I can't seem
to figure out how to use it with my crm config.

I've attempted this:
primitive st_libvirt stonith:external/libvirt \
        params hypervisor_uri="qemu:///system" hostlist="alpha beta" \
        op monitor interval=2h \
        meta target-role=Stoppedprimitive st_libvirt stonith:external/libvirt \
        params hypervisor_uri="qemu:///system" hostlist="alpha beta" \
        op monitor interval=2h

But, I am not sure this is the correct syntax.  The nodes are alpha, and beta.

Any pointers appreciated.