[ClusterLabs] [questionnaire] Do you manage your pacemaker configuration by hand and (if so) what reusability features do you use?

Ferenc Wágner wferi at niif.hu
Thu Jun 7 12:37:04 UTC 2018

Jan Pokorný <jpokorny at redhat.com> writes:

> 1.  [X] Do you edit CIB by hand (as opposed to relying on crm/pcs or
>         their UI counterparts)?

For debugging one has to understand the CIB anyway, so why learn
additional syntaxes? :) Most of our configuration changes are scripted
via a home-grown domain-specific CLI.  Using crmsh or pcs under the hood
instead of cibadmin and crm_resource would bring additional dependencies
and require additional knowledge (of these tools).

> 2.  [X] Do you use "template" based syntactic simplification[1] in CIB?

This allows changing templated resource parameters at a single place.

> 3.  [ ] Do you use "id-ref" based syntactic simplification[2] in CIB?
>
> 3.1 [ ] When positive about 3., would you mind much if "id-refs" got
>         unfold/exploded during the "cibadmin --upgrade --force"
>         equivalent as a reliability/safety precaution?
>
> 4.  [ ] Do you use "tag" based syntactic grouping[3] in CIB?
Feri