[ClusterLabs] Resource-stickiness is not working

Confidential Company sgurovosa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 14:14:43 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-06-01 at 22:58 +0800, Confidential Company wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two-node active/passive setup. My goal is to failover a
> resource once a Node goes down with minimal downtime as possible.
> Based on my testing, when Node1 goes down it failover to Node2. If
> Node1 goes up after link reconnection (reconnect physical cable),
> resource failback to Node1 even though I configured resource-
> stickiness. Is there something wrong with configuration below?
>
> #service firewalld stop
> #vi /etc/hosts --> 192.168.10.121 (Node1) / 192.168.10.122 (Node2) --
> ----------- Private Network (Direct connect)
> #systemctl start pcsd.service
> #systemctl enable pcsd.service
> #passwd hacluster --> define pw
> #pcs cluster auth Node1 Node2
> #pcs setup --name Cluster Node1 Node2
> #pcs cluster start -all
> #pcs property set stonith-enabled=false
> #pcs resource create ClusterIP ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2
> ip=192.168.10.123 cidr_netmask=32 op monitor interval=30s
> #pcs resource defaults resource-stickiness=100
>
> Regards,
> imnotarobot

Your configuration is correct, but keep in mind scores of all kinds
will be added together to determine where the final placement is.

In this case, I'd check that you don't have any constraints with a
higher score preferring the other node. For example, if you previously
did a "move" or "ban" from the command line, that adds a constraint
that has to be removed manually if you no longer want it.

I'm confused. constraint from what I think means there's a preferred node.
But if I want my resources not to have a preferred node is that possible?

Regards,
imnotarobot