[ClusterLabs] ping Resource Agent doesnt work

Confidential Company sgurovosa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 20:41:24 EDT 2018

I configured ping-RA via ocf:pacemaker. During testing the resource-agent
works fine, it executes ping action to my gateway every 10 seconds and 3
attempts. But I noticed that even I disconnect the physical link of node
where the resource resides, it doesnt failover to other node.

*IP CONFIG:*

172.16.10.0/24 = interface to gateway
172.16.11.0/24= heartbeat link (interface to avoid split brain as my goal
is to only failover ping-resource after 3-attempts failure to ping my
gateway)

*CONFIG:*

[root at node1 ~]# pcs config
Cluster Name: clusterPa
Corosync Nodes:
 node1 node2
Pacemaker Nodes:
 node1 node2

Resources:
 Resource: ping-gateway (class=ocf provider=pacemaker type=ping)
  Attributes: host_list=172.16.10.1
  Operations: monitor interval=10 timeout=60
(ping-gateway-monitor-interval-10)
              start interval=0s timeout=60 (ping-gateway-start-interval-0s)
              stop interval=0s timeout=20 (ping-gateway-stop-interval-0s)

Stonith Devices:
Fencing Levels:

Location Constraints:
Ordering Constraints: