[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3.0 - Alpha4 is available at corosync.org!

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Fri Jul 13 08:50:59 EDT 2018

I am pleased to announce the fourth testing (Alpha 4) release of
Corosync 3.0 (codename Camelback) available immediately from our website at
http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/releases/ as corosync-2.99.3.

You can also download RPMs for various distributions from CI
https://kronosnet.org/builds/.

This release is quite small so it's probably last Alpha and next release
is probably going to be Beta or RC.

One of the biggest feature is better handling for ifdown with UDPU
transport (knet handles ifdown without any problem since Alpha 1). This
doesn't mean simulating cluster failure by using ifdown is supported or
recommended! (simply because it exercises different code path than real
failure).

Complete changelog for Alpha 4 (compared to Alpha 3):
Bin Liu (1):
       totemudpu: Add local loop support

Christine Caulfield (5):
       knet: Fix knet log buffer size
       knet: Don't try to create loopback interface twice
       totemconfig: Check for things that cannot be changed on the fly
       config: Enforce use of 'name' node attribute in multi-link clusters
       config: Fail config validation if not all nodes have all links

Jan Friesse (4):
       upstart: Remove notifyd upstart unit
       init: Use existing env variable from sysconf
       Fix snprintf warnings
       totemudpu: Pass correct paramto totemip_nosigpipe

We did our best to test this release as best as we could, but still take
it as an Alpha version .

For anybody who migrates from stable version please consult
http://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/KnetCorosync.pdf about changes in
Corosync 3.

Thanks/congratulations to all people that contributed to achieve this
great milestone.