[ClusterLabs] Problem with pacemaker init.d script

Salvatore D'angelo sasadangelo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 08:52:50 UTC 2018

Hi,

I have a cluster on three bare metal and I use two busters nodes to keep walking files and backup store on an object store.
I use Docker for test purpose.

Here the possible upgrade scenario you can apply:
http://clusterlabs.org/pacemaker/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1/html/Pacemaker_Explained/ap-upgrade.html

I used Rolling method or node by node because I always have a master up and running (there is few ms of downtime when switch occurs and I have a connection pool then immediately switch to the new master).

You need to understand that if if Rolling is only suggested for minor upgrade, 2.0.0 didn’t introduced anything new, only removed deprecated features + bug fix on top of 1.1.18 code.
1.1.19 contains back porting of these fix (but not the remove of deprecated features). So you can apply this upgrade method even if you want to move to 2.0.0.
We decide to go on 1.1.19. GA code was release two days ago.

Read all threads with my name in June and July here:

you’ll find useful info I had to solve.

On each node I do the following:
	1. I first download source code for old pacemaker, corosync, crmsh and resource agents
	2. mae uninstall on all of them
	3. download source of new code (I verified on Ubuntu 14.04 library must not be upgraded, for 16.04 I just downloaded the new version of the libraries)
	4. follow the build instruction for all the 4 projects. Resource agents is not documented, I do:
		autoreconf -i -v
		./configure
		make
		make install

	    for the other simply:
		./autogen.sh
		./configure
		make
		make install

	5.  then do again the configuration steps you did when created the cluster with 1.1.14

I used Docker for test because it minimise the test time. If I do something wrong and situation is not recoverable I recreate the cluster in minutes.
You can do the same with virtual machine and Vagrant. But I consider this critical.

That’s all.