[ClusterLabs] Problem with pacemaker init.d script

Salvatore D'angelo sasadangelo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:18:51 UTC 2018

Hi,

I solved the issue (I am not sure to be honest) simply removing the update-rc.d command.
I noticed I can start the corosync and pacemaker services with:

service corosync start
service pacemaker start

I am not sure if they have been enabled at book (on Docker is not easy to test).
I do not know if pacemaker build creates automatically these services and then it is required extra work to make them available at book.

> On 11 Jul 2018, at 21:07, Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 11.07.2018 21:01, Salvatore D'angelo пишет:
>> Yes, but doing what you suggested the system find that sysV is installed and try to leverage on update-rc.d scripts and the failure occurs:
>
> Then you built corosync without systemd integration. systemd will prefer
> native units.

How can I build them with system integration?

>> root at pg1:~# systemctl enable corosync
>> corosync.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install
>> Executing /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable corosync
>> update-rc.d: error: corosync Default-Start contains no runlevels, aborting.
>>
>> the only fix I found was to manipulate manually the header of /etc/init.d/corosync adding the rows mentioned below.
>> But this is not a clean approach to solve the issue.
>>
>> What pacemaker suggest for newer distributions?
>>
>> If you look at corosync code the init/corosync file does not container run levels in header.
>> So I suspect it is a code problem. Am I wrong?
>>

> Probably not. Description of special comments in LSB standard imply that
> they must contain at least one value. Also how should service manager
> know for which run level to enable service without it? It is amusing
> that this problem was first found on a distribution that does not even
> use SysV for years …

What do you suggest?