[ClusterLabs] One volume is trimmable but the other is not?

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Tue Jan 30 02:57:25 EST 2018

On 01/29/2018 07:51 PM, Eric Robinson wrote:

> [...]

Exactly. And I'm not talking about "passing down" TRIM support there ;-)
If a layer reports TRIM support to the upper layers depends both on
the the fact if the lower layer claims to support TRIM, and on local
configuration of this layer (examples: lvm, luks, ...).
The latter is what I was referring to and what might be influenced
by configuration passed down from the layer on top - not TRIM
explicitly but something that makes the layer implicitly decide
not to support trim (e.g. additional complexity not implemented yet).
Anyway - just a few thoughts on why it might make still sense to
look at differences in upper layer ...

Regards,
Klaus