[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Antw: Changes coming in Pacemaker 2.0.0

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Jan 15 02:33:33 EST 2018

<1515688644.12807.1.camel at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2018-01-11 at 08:54 +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>> On "--crm_xml -> --xml-text": Why not simply "--xml" (XML IS text)?
>
> Most Pacemaker tools that accept XML can get it from standard input (
> --xml-pipe), a file (--xml-file), or a literal string (--xml-text).
>
> Although, looking at it now, it might be nice to reduce it to one
> option:
>
>  --xml -       standard input
>  --xml '<cib>' anything starting with '<' is literal
>  --xml file    anything else is a filename

Sounds good. Maybe some "inverted microsoft logic" could be applied: In the past (MS-DOS times) for some parameters an argument staring with '@' meant to read the actual parameters from the file that follows '@' (mostly because the MS-DOS line length was limited to 127 bytes): For XML we should consider everything as a file name, with two exceptions:
1) "-" stands for stdin
2) "@" says the rest is to be taken as file contents (not file name)

So you could have XML that does not start with '<' immediately.

Regards,
Ulrich