[ClusterLabs] GFS2 problem after host name change

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Jan 14 21:48:46 EST 2018

On 2018-01-14 12:48 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 2018-01-14 12:29 PM, Digimer wrote:
>> I recently changed the host name of a cluster. It may or may not be
>> related, but after I noticed that I can cleanly start gfs2 when the node
>> boots. However, if the node is withdrawn and then I try to rejoin it
>> without a reboot, it hangs with this in syslog;

A bit more info...

I tried reformatting the GFS2 partition, and the problem remained.

Then I tried zero'ing out the LV, and it was writing at about 4 KB/sec
(dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/vg/lv bs=1M oflag=dsync, run for about two
minutes).

When I saw how slow it was going, I decided to delete the LV (original
was 40 GiB) and created a new LV (20 GiB). Then I formatted the new LV
GFS2 and the problem remained.

After this, I could no longer mount the GFS2 partition at all. Even on a
fresh boot of both nodes, it immediately hung.

At this point, I was losing my maintenance window, so I migrated the
hosted servers to other Anvil! systems and the rebuilt the cluster.
After the rebuild, the GFS2 partition mounted properly.

A frightening experience, to be sure. Thankfully I had enough overhead
on other systems to avoid an interruption. That said, I would love some
input on why this might have happened.

cheers,

digimer

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of