[ClusterLabs] Antw: Coming in Pacemaker 2.0.0: /var/log/pacemaker/pacemaker.log

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Jan 11 03:07:43 EST 2018

Hi!

More than the location of the log file, I'm interested in the contents of the log file: The log file should have a formal syntax for automated parsing, and it should be as compact as possible.
Considering lines like:
Jan 07 10:07:41 [10691] h01    pengine:     info: determine_online_status_fencing:         Node h01 is active
there are too many repeating blanks in that. Also the order may not be optimal: Why not have the priority ("Info:") first after the host name? The function name "determine_online_status_fencing" wouldn't loose much information if just being called "fencing_status", too (IMHO). That would move the most important information that come last ("Node h01 is active") toward a common line limit (which is not 160, BTW ;-)).

Regards,
Ulrich