[ClusterLabs] Corosync 3.0 - Alpha1 is available at corosync.org!

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Thu Jan 25 11:59:30 EST 2018

I am pleased to announce the first testing (Alpha 1) release of Corosync
3.0 (codename Camelback) available immediately from our website at
http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/releases/ as corosync-2.99.0.

Corosync 3.0 contains many interesting features mostly related to usage
of Kronosnet (https://kronosnet.org/) as a default (and preferred)
network transport.

Short list of high-level changes:
- Knet
   * Support for 8 links which can be dynamically reconfigured without
restart of corosync daemon
   * MTU auto-configuration
   * Support for NSS or OpenSSL encryption of packets
   * Compression
   * Higher throughput and lower latency (yes, it's really possible to
get both of these at once ;) )
   * And many more
- Support for RDMA and Upstart is gone
- Enhanced statistics
- Nodelist is now mandatory
- UDP/UDPU transports are still present, but supports only single ring
(RRP is gone in favor of Knet) and doesn't support encryption
- Support for systemd startup notifications
- Corosync-qdevice found new home at
https://github.com/corosync/corosync-qdevice and is no longer part of
corosync repository/packages. It's going to have it's own release
schedule, packages, ...

For presentation about corosync/knet please see
http://build.clusterlabs.org/corosync/presentations/2017-Kronosnet-The-new-face-of-corosync-communications.pdf.

For more in depth document about how to configure/use corosync 3 with
knet see http://people.redhat.com/ccaulfie/docs/KnetCorosync.pdf

We did our best to fix all the know issue, but if you find some, please
let us know.

Thanks/congratulations to all people that contributed to achieve this
great milestone.