[ClusterLabs] redis and pgsql RAs under pacemaker_remote does not work

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Jan 12 15:12:16 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-01-12 at 09:04 +0300, Виталий Процко wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm running redis and PostgreSQL in LXC containers with
> pacemaker_remote
> on hosts running full cluster stack.

This setup is fine and should have no problem with future Pacemaker
versions, but FYI, since Pacemaker 1.1.17 there is a new feature called
"bundles" that simplifies running a Docker (or since 1.1.18, rkt)
container together with storage and IP addresses.

> In pacemaker_remote installation crm_attribute utility is absent, so
> subj RAs are not working.

crm_attribute currently requires the libcrmcluster library, not
installed on remote nodes by default, to get the local node name if
none is specified. The only way around it currently is to install the
main pacemaker package on the remote nodes, even though you won't use
it (and obviously shouldn't enable it).

This is planned to be addressed later this year.