[ClusterLabs] Antw: Pacemaker 2.0.0-rc1 now available

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 11:16:45 EST 2018

On 19/02/18 10:39 +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> <1518815166.31176.22.camel at redhat.com>:
> [...]
>> * The master XML tag is deprecated (though still supported) in favor of
>
> XML guys!
>
> Everybody is using (and liking?) XML, but please also learn the
> correct names: There are no "tags" in XML (unless we talk about the
> syntax of XML, which is not the case here), only "elements" and
> "attributes".
>
> "master" element

True, but perhaps no need to be so harsh about the terms widely
understood as synonyms (from pre-XML era, remember HTML tutorials?),
especially when the target audience wrt. XML level of configuration
keeps shifting towards real power (as in maximum-level-of-control
pursuing) users vs. wider audience served with more abstract means
thanks to crm/pcs.

In anything, would expect rather pointing out the "CIB version 1.3+
does support 'tag' elements" paradox ;-)

>> using the standard clone tag with a new "promotable" meta-attribute set
>
> "clone" element
>
> ``"promotable" meta-attribute'' --> ``"nvpair" element with name attribute "promotable"''
>
>> to true. The "master-max" and "master-node-max" master meta-attributes
>> are deprecated in favor of new "promoted-max" and "promoted-node-max"
>> clone meta-attributes. Documentation now refers to these as promotable
>> clones rather than master/slave, stateful or multistate clones.
>>
>> * The record-pending option now defaults to true, which means pending
>> actions will be shown in status displays.
>>
>> * Three minor regressions introduced in 1.1.18, and one introduced in
>> 1.1.17, have been fixed.
>
> I know what you are talking about, but you need quite some
> background to find out that in "master XML tag" the emphasis is not
> on XML (even if in capitals), but on master ;-)

I see, this shakes the message delivery, something I am running into
all the time when proof-reading my own sentences (especially since I am
not a native speaker), and employing various tricks such as the basic
quoted "meta escape" or join-by-dashes one.

Happy Monday

--
Poki