[ClusterLabs] Antw: Pacemaker 2.0.0-rc1 now available

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Feb 19 04:23:07 EST 2018

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 16.02.2018 um 22:06 in Nachricht
<1518815166.31176.22.camel at redhat.com>:
[...]
> It is recommended to run "cibadmin --upgrade" (or the equivalent in
> your higher-level tool of choice) both before and after the upgrade.

[...]
Playing with it (older version), I found two possible improvements. Consider:

h01:~ # cibadmin --upgrade
The supplied command is considered dangerous.  To prevent accidental destruction of the cluster, the --force flag is required in order to proceed.
h01:~ # cibadmin --upgrade --force
Call cib_upgrade failed (-211): Schema is already the latest available

First, cibadmin should check whether the CIB version is up-to-date already. If so, there is no need to insist on using --force, and secondly if the CIB is already up-to-date, there should not be a failure, but a success.

If a status is needed to detect and out-of-date CIB, a different option would be the better solution IMHO.

Regards,
Ulrich