[ClusterLabs] Antw: Pacemaker 2.0.0-rc1 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Mon Feb 19 17:07:11 UTC 2018

On Mon, 2018-02-19 at 10:23 +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:

> <1518815166.31176.22.camel at redhat.com>:
> [...]
> > It is recommended to run "cibadmin --upgrade" (or the equivalent in
> > your higher-level tool of choice) both before and after the
> > upgrade.
>
> [...]
> Playing with it (older version), I found two possible improvements.
> Consider:
>
> h01:~ # cibadmin --upgrade
> The supplied command is considered dangerous.  To prevent accidental
> destruction of the cluster, the --force flag is required in order to
> proceed.
> h01:~ # cibadmin --upgrade --force
> Call cib_upgrade failed (-211): Schema is already the latest
> available
>
> First, cibadmin should check whether the CIB version is up-to-date
> already. If so, there is no need to insist on using --force, and
> secondly if the CIB is already up-to-date, there should not be a
> failure, but a success.

Good point, I'll change it so it prints the following message and exits
0 in such a case:

 Upgrade unnecessary: Schema is already the latest available

Avoiding the need for --force in such a case is a bigger project and
will have to go on the to-do list. (With the current design, we can't
know it's not needed until after we try to upgrade it.)