[ClusterLabs] Speed up the resource moves in the case of a node hard shutdown

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Feb 13 15:03:27 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-02-13 at 13:46 +0300, Maxim wrote:
> 12.02.2018 19:31, Digimer пишет:
> >  > should be using the cman pluging with corosync 1. May I ask why
> you
>  > don't use EL7 if you want such a recent stack?
> For historical reasons. Let's say so. I've another software that
> built
> for RHEL 6 like OS and have to be installed on the cluster node.

Compiling a newer corosync/pacemaker is a perfectly good solution in
this situation, but just to give you more options:

You could instead put the app inside a RHEL 6 container, and run it on
RHEL 7 cluster hosts. The advantage of that approach is that the rest
of your usual system services would be on more modern versions. With
bundles (available in the newer pacemaker on RHEL 7), you can use your
existing resource agent to launch the service inside the bundle, so the
cluster can monitor it (as well as monitoring the container itself).

Similarly, you could create a RHEL 6 VM and run it on RHEL 7 cluster
hosts. You can add the remote-node option to the VM resource, to be
able to launch and monitor the app inside it via its resource agent.