[ClusterLabs] Does CMAN Still Not Support Multipe CoroSync Rings?

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Mon Feb 12 16:48:45 UTC 2018

Eric,

> General question. I tried to set up a cman + corosync + pacemaker cluster using two corosync rings. When I start the cluster, everything works fine, except when I do a 'corosync-cfgtool -s' it only shows one ring. I tried manually editing the /etc/cluster/cluster.conf file adding two <interface>

AFAIK cluster.conf should be edited so altname is used. So something
like in this example:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/6/html/cluster_administration/s1-config-rrp-cli-ca

I don't think you have to add altmulticast.

Honza

sections, but then cman complained that I didn't have a multicast
address specified, even though I did. I tried editing the
/etc/corosdync/corosync.conf file, and then I could get two rings, but
the nodes would not both join the cluster. Bah! I did some reading and
saw that cman didn't support multiple rings years ago. Did it never get
updated?