[ClusterLabs] Error when linking to libqb in shared library

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Mon Feb 12 01:22:33 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

(and especially the libqb developers)

I started hacking on a python library written in C which links to
pacemaker, and so to libqb as well, but I'm encountering a strange
problem which I don't know how to solve.

When I try to import the library in python, I see this error:

--- command ---
PYTHONPATH='/home/krig/projects/work/libpacemakerclient/build/python' /usr/bin/python3 /home/krig/projects/python-pacemaker/build/../python/clienttest.py
--- stderr ---
python3: utils.c:66: common: Assertion `"implicit callsite section is observable, otherwise target's and/or libqb's build is at fault, preventing reliable logging" && work_s1 != NULL && work_s2 != NULL' failed.
-------

This appears to be coming from the following libqb macro:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/libqb/blob/master/include/qb/qblog.h#L352

There is a long comment above the macro which if nothing else tells me
that I'm not the first person to have issues with it, but it doesn't
really tell me what I'm doing wrong...

Does anyone know what the issue is, and if so, what I could do to
resolve it?

Cheers,
Kristoffer

--