[ClusterLabs] Synching Amazon EC2 Instances

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 21:08:30 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-02-01 at 16:22 +0200, Ibraheem abu hamdeh wrote:
> I have a case of which I want to synchronize between two (or more)
> Ubuntu Amazon EC2s, I want to sync between the two servers, I
> followed this article, but I'm stuck at the step of getting
> the private_binding_IP_address, I looked over the internet for
> documentation for Corosync and Pacemaker, but no luck, in a nutshell
> I want to know:
>
> - Does Corosync and Pacemaker work with Ubuntu 16.04?

Yes, although I don't have personal experience with it

> - Does Corosync and Pacemaker work with Amazon EC2 (Ubuntu)
> instances?

It can, but there are issues to work around. First, you need reliable
IPs on the same IP network for corosync to communicate. Then you
probably need to raise corosync's token timeout to handle occasional
sluggishness.

Then you need reliable fencing. There are fence_ec2 and external/ec2
agents, but I'm not familiar with how to get either working.