[ClusterLabs] How to backup?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 10:52:53 EST 2018

On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 11:27 +0000, lejeczek wrote:

> > > Something like "crm configure show >>your_backup_file"? Here we
> > > create such a file hourly (with history) if the configuration had
> > > changed...
> >
> > If that's indeed the questioned procedure[*] and it's pcs that
> > is a weapon of choice, there's clufter tool to achieve something
> > similar (see "clufter pcs2pcscmd" and derived, further
> > qualified subcommand thereof, or indirectly triggered with
> > "pcs config export pcs-commands").
> >
> > [*] at the rawest level, the pacemaker cluster configuration
> >      is a set of:
> >      - static configuration bits of pacemaker's CIB (as opposed to
> >        dynamic ones/status)
>
> many thanks.
>
> And if one wanted to tell his third-party backup tool, which just
> goes
> after "flat" files, what locations/dirs (of pcs, pacemaker, ...)
> should
> be included in such a backup?

For pacemaker:

/var/lib/pacemaker/cib is the most important (configuration history).
You can include all of /var/lib/pacemaker if you want core dumps,
incident history, etc.

If you have authentication tokens somewhere (e.g. /etc/pacemaker is a
common choice for Pacemaker Remote keys), add that if it isn't handled
separately.

Add /etc/pacemaker/sysconfig if you make changes to it.

For corosync, at least /etc/corosync.

I don't think pcs keeps anything that can't be easily regenerated, but
if you want to save a few steps, add /var/lib/pcsd.