[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Q: Stickyness across resource restarts

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Tue Aug 21 01:38:54 EDT 2018

>>> Ken Gaillot <kgaillot at redhat.com> schrieb am 20.08.2018 um 17:11 in
Nachricht
<1534777874.6465.7.camel at redhat.com>:
> On Thu, 2018‑08‑16 at 12:50 +0200, Ulrich Windl wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a question, specifically whether this behavior changed not too
>> long ago:
>> AFAIR, stickyness only affected running resources, i.e. during
>> restart a new (=lightly loaded) node was selected for the resource.
>> However when I restarted a resource today (SLES11 SP4), the resource
>> was started on a busy node, even one node had no resources at all
>> after being restarted earlier.
>>
>> The docs are not very precise on that.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ulrich
>
> It appears stickiness still applies if the stop and start are scheduled
> in the same transition (e.g. failure recovery). That makes sense
> because the actions are scheduled based on the state of the resource at
> the start of the transition (active). There haven't been any
> intentional changes in stickiness behavior in many years. I haven't
> tested the behavior with older versions to see if it's different
> though.

Hi!

Thanks for that. Interestingly I restarted another resource that is configured
just like the other one, and that resource was placed to the empty node.
So if it works sometimes, and sometimes not, I suspect it's a bug ;-)
Actually I have an open support call for this, but still without results.

Regards,
Ulrich