[ClusterLabs] Q: native_color scores for clones

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Aug 30 06:23:28 EDT 2018

Hi!

After having found showscores.sh, I thought I can improve the perfomance by porting it to Perl, but it seems the slow part actually is calling pacemakers helper scripts like crm_attribute, crm_failcount, etc...

But anyway: Being quite confident what my program produces (;-)), I found some odd score values for clones that run in a two node cluster. For example:

Resource               Node     Score Stickin. Fail Count Migr. Thr.
---------------------- ---- --------- -------- ---------- ----------
prm_DLM:1              h02          1        0          0          0
prm_DLM:1              h06          0        0          0          0
prm_DLM:0              h02  -INFINITY        0          0          0
prm_DLM:0              h06          1        0          0          0
prm_O2CB:1             h02          1        0          0          0
prm_O2CB:1             h06  -INFINITY        0          0          0
prm_O2CB:0             h02  -INFINITY        0          0          0
prm_O2CB:0             h06          1        0          0          0
prm_cfs_locks:0        h02  -INFINITY        0          0          0
prm_cfs_locks:0        h06          1        0          0          0
prm_cfs_locks:1        h02          1        0          0          0
prm_cfs_locks:1        h06  -INFINITY        0          0          0
prm_s02_ctdb:0         h02  -INFINITY        0          0          0
prm_s02_ctdb:0         h06          1        0          0          0
prm_s02_ctdb:1         h02          1        0          0          0
prm_s02_ctdb:1         h06  -INFINITY        0          0          0

For prm_DLM:1 for example one node has score 0, the other node has score 1, but for prm:DLM:0 the host that has 1 for prm_DLM:1 has -INFINITY (not 0), while the other host has the usual 1. So I guess that even without -INFINITY the configuration would be stable. For prm_O2CB two nodes have -INFINITY as score. For prm_cfs_locks the pattern is as usual, and for rpm_s02_ctdb to nodes have -INFINITY again.

I don't understand where those -INFINITY scores come from. Pacemaker is SLES11 SP4 (1.1.12-f47ea56).

It might also be a bug, because when I look at a three-node cluster, I see that a ":0" resource had score 1 once, and 0 twice, but the corrsponding ":2" resource has scores 0, 1, and -INFINITY, and the ":1" resource has score 1 once and -INFINITY twice.

When I look at the "clone_solor" scores, the prm_DLM:* primitives look as expected (no -INFINITY). However the cln_DLM clones have score like 10000, 8200 and 2200 (depending on the node).

Can someone explain, please?

Regards,
Ulrich