[ClusterLabs] Redundant ring not recovering after node is back

Jan Pokorný jpokorny at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 09:25:59 UTC 2018

On 24/08/18 08:21 +0200, Jan Friesse wrote:
>> But when I install pacemaker, it installs previous version of corosync
>> as dependency and breaks all the setup.
>> Any suggestions?
>
> I can see at least following "solutions":
> - make proper Debian package
> - install corosync 3 to /usr/local
> - (ugly) install packaged corosync and reinstall by corosync 3 from source

Speaking of pacemaker native package as a distro-provided corosync
package enforcer, you can also combine the above points with a distro
provided pacemaker installation force-ignoring dependencies (but then
it's your responsibility to guarantee libxml2 etc. dependencies on
your own).

In RPM world, this can be done with something like
"rpm --nodeps -i pacemaker...", DEB equivalent appears to allow
for selective (as opposed to absolute) dependency avoidance:
"dpkg --ignore-depends=corosync... -i pacemaker...".

--
Nazdar,
Poki