[ClusterLabs] Antw: Re: Q: ordering for a monitoring op only?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Aug 23 10:59:34 UTC 2018

>>> Ryan Thomas <developmentrjt at gmail.com> schrieb am 21.08.2018 um 17:38 in
Nachricht
<CAE_QAjk4gNNAbLWa-WEp-x_4nu640Y8dHbp3D3QCZ_RDqC7e8w at mail.gmail.com>:
> You could accomplish this be creating a custom RA which normally acts as a
> pass-through and calls the "real" RA.  However, it intercepts "monitor"
> actions, checks nfs, and if nfs is down it returns success, otherwise it
> passes though the monitor action to the real RA.  If nfs fails the monitor
> action is in-flight, the customer RA can intercept the failure, check if
> nfs is down, and if so change the failure to a success.

Hi!

This sounds like an interesting approach, but I wonder how to avoid a monitoring timeout: I.e. what value to return when NFS is down? I'm missing a return value like CANNOT_CHECK_AT_THE_MOMENT_SO_PLEASE_ASSUME_RESOURCE_STILL_HAS_ITS_LAST_STATE ;-)

Unless I can return such a value, the wrapper RA will have to wait (possibly causing a timeout). OK, the wrapper RA could cache its last return value and reuse that when NFS is down.

Regards,
Ulrich