[ClusterLabs] Different Times in the Corosync Log?

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 15:33:39 UTC 2018

Whoa, I think you win some sort of fubar prize. :-)

AFAIK, any OS-level time or timezone change affects all processes
equally. (I occasionally deal with cluster logs where the OS time
jumped backward or forward, and all logs system-wide are equally
affected.)

Some applications have their own timezone setting that can override the
system default, but pacemaker isn't one of them. It's even more bizarre
when you consider that the daemons here are the children of the same
process (pacemakerd), and thus have an identical set of environment
variables and so forth. (And as Jan pointed out, they appear to have
been started within a fraction of a second of each other.)

Apparently there is a dateshift kernel module that can put particular
processes in different apparent times, but I assume you'd know if you
did that on purpose. :-) It does occur to me that the module would be a
great prank to play on someone (especially combined with a cron job
that randomly altered the configuration).

If you figure this out, I'd love to hear what it was. Gremlins ...