[ClusterLabs] Q: ordering for a monitoring op only?

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Aug 20 04:51:31 EDT 2018

Hi!

I wonder whether it's possible to run a monitoring op only if some specific resource is up.
Background: We have some resource that runs fine without NFS, but the start, stop and monitor operations will just hang if NFS is down. In effect the monitor operation will time out, the cluster will try to recover, calling the stop operation, which in turn will time out, making things worse (i.e.: causing a node fence).

So my idea was to pause the monitoing operation while NFS is down (NFS itself is controlled by the cluster and should recover "rather soon" TM).

Is that possible?
And before you ask: No, I have not written that RA that has the problem; a multi-million-dollar company wrote it (Years before I had written a monitor for HP-UX' cluster that did not have this problem, even though the configuration files were read from NFS (It's not magic: Just periodically copy them to shared memory, and read the config from shared memory).

Regards,
Ulrich