[ClusterLabs] Q: Forcing a role change of master/slave resource

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Mon Aug 20 04:41:27 EDT 2018

Hi!

Browsing the documentation, I'm still woindering whether this is possible:
Make a master/slave resource change roles, i.e.: master becomes slave, slave becomes master, preferrably without stopping the master.
The documentation for "crm_resource --ban --master ..." is somewhat vague: Will it stop the master resource, or will it be demoted?

The command I'm asking for is useful for tsting whether a master/slave resource works correctly on eac node.

An extension of my request would be the command to run a master or slave role on any given node in the cluster...

Regards,
Ulrich