[ClusterLabs] Q: HA_RSCTMP in SLES11 SP4 at first start after reboot

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Fri Aug 10 12:52:50 EDT 2018

Hi!

A simple question: One of my RAs uses $HA_RSCTMP in SLES11 SP4, and it reports the following problem:
 WARNING: Unwritable HA_RSCTMP directory /var/run/resource-agents - using /tmp

However the directory has the following permissions:
drwxr-xr-t 2 root root 4096 Aug 10 18:05 /var/run/resource-agents

My code to check this is:
if [ ! -w "$HA_RSCTMP" -a "$(id -u)" -ne 0 ]; then
    ocf_log warn "Unwritable HA_RSCTMP directory $HA_RSCTMP - using /tmp"
    HA_RSCTMP=/tmp
fi

Did I overlook something obvious? Could it be that the directory is created after the error message? I suspect that the error is triggered during a parameter validation after the cluster node had been rebooted...

Regards,
Ulrich