[ClusterLabs] the PAF switchover does not happen if the VIP resource is stopped

Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais jgdr at dalibo.com
Thu Apr 26 08:35:51 EDT 2018

On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 08:41:22 +0000
范国腾 <fanguoteng at highgo.com> wrote:

> Does it mean if one node has ever a resource failure, it could not be
> promoted to be master any more except that I run the pcs cleanup to clean the
> failcount?

Each time you have a failure, you will have to handle it soon or later. The
cluster might be able to auto-heal itself.

So yes, if you have a resource failure, you must take care of it as soon as
possible and maybe fix what should be fixed. Then reset the failcount to
restore normal behavior. Note that you could set failure-timeout to "forget"
failcounts after some timeout, but really, you should not for your database
sake (this could still be a valid parameter for some other setup though).

> I am testing the case if the VIP resource down because of some reason, the
> cluster could still work. So I only ifdown the VIP network(enp0s3), not the
> heartbeat network card(enp0s8)?

If your pgsql cluster rely on the vIP to catch replication between nodes, then
no, your cluster can not work without it. PgSQL instances will still be up, but
not replicating anymore.

--
Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Dalibo