[ClusterLabs] Booth fail-over conditions

Kristoffer Grönlund kgronlund at suse.com
Mon Apr 16 07:22:08 EDT 2018

Zach Anderson <zpanderson88 at gmail.com> writes:

>  Hey all,
>
> new user to pacemaker/booth and I'm fumbling my way through my first proof
> of concept. I have a 2 site configuration setup with local pacemaker
> clusters at each site (running rabbitmq) and a booth arbitrator. I've
> successfully validated the base failover when the "granted" site has
> failed. My question is if there are any other ways to configure failover,
> i.e. using resource health checks or the like?

Hi Zach,

Do you mean that a resource health check should trigger site failover?
That's actually something I'm not sure comes built-in.. though making a
resource agent which revokes a ticket on failure should be fairly
straight-forward. You could then group your resource which the ticket
resource to enable this functionality.

The logic in the ticket resource ought to be something like "if monitor
fails and the current site is granted, then revoke the ticket, else do
nothing". You would probably want to handle probe monitor invocations
differently. There is a ocf_is_probe function provided to help with
this.

Cheers,
Kristoffer