[ClusterLabs] Failure of preferred node in a 2 node cluster

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Apr 29 04:37:21 UTC 2018

Ah, ok, now I get it.

So node 2 should wait until it's confident that the lost node either
shut down or was killed by it's watchdog timer. After that, it will
consider the node fenced and proceed with recovery. I don't think ATB
will factor in here, as the cluster should treat this as a simple "node
was lost, fencing finally worked, it's safe to recover now" thing.

The node IDs shouldn't matter in this case. What decides the winner is
who is allowed access to the shared storage. The one that can is allowed
to keep kicking the watchdog. The one that loses access, assuming it is
alive at all, should be forced off when the watchdog timer expires.

digimer

--
Digimer