[ClusterLabs] Failure of preferred node in a 2 node cluster

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Sun Apr 29 01:15:24 UTC 2018

On 2018-04-28 09:06 PM, Wei Shan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I have a 2 node cluster with ATB enabled and the lowest node ID node
> has failed. What will happen? My assumption is that the higher node ID
> node will self fence and be rebooted. What happens after that?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Regards,
> Ang Wei Shan

Which cluster stack is this? I am not familiar with the term "ATB".

If it's a standard pacemaker or cman/rgmanager cluster, then on node
failure, the good node should block and request a fence (a lost node is
not allowed to be assumed gone via self fence, except when using a
watchdog timer based fence agent). If the fence doesn't work, the
survivor should remain blocked (better to hang than risk corruption). If
the fence succeeds, then the survivor node will recover any lost
services based on the configuration of those services (usually a simple
(re)start on the good node).

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of