[ClusterLabs] heartbeat/anything Resource Agent : "wait for proper service before ending the start operation"

Nicolas Huillard nicolas at huillard.net
Fri Apr 13 05:07:29 EDT 2018

Hello all,

One of my resources is a pppd process, which is started with the
heartbeat/anything RA. That RA just spawn the pppd process with the
correct parameters and return OCF_SUCCESS if the process started.
The problem is that the service provided by pppd is only available
after some time (a few seconds to 30s), ie. when it have successfully
negotiated a connection. At this time, the interface it creates is UP.

The issue here is that other resources that depend on this connection
are started by Pacemaker just after it starts pppd, thus before the
interface is UP. This creates various problems.

I figured that fixing this would require to add a monitor call inside
the start operation, and wait for a successful monitor before returning
 OCF_SUCCESS, within the start timeout.

Is it a correct approach?
Are there some other standard way to fix this, like a "wait for
condition" Resource Agent?

Using Pacemaker 1.1.16 on Debian stretch.

--
Nicolas Huillard