[ClusterLabs] Pacemake/Corosync good fit for embedded product?

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Thu Apr 12 08:08:19 UTC 2018

On 04/12/2018 04:37 AM, David Hunt wrote:
> Thanks Guys,
>
> Ideally I would like to have event driven (rather than slower polled)
> inputs into pacemaker to quickly trigger the fall over. I assume
> adding event driven inputs to pacemaker isn't straightforward? If it
> was possible to add event inputs to pacemaker is pacemaker itself fast
> enough? Or is it also going to be relatively slow to switch?

I'm not aware of any systematic delays on top of what we discussed.
The time the rule-engine will need to calculate a transition will
of course depend on the complexity of your cluster and the
CPU-power you have available.

I've mentioned the delay of the DC reelection but what you
might consider as well in your calculations is fencing.
If you are using physical fencing-devices it depends on how
quickly these will react and give feedback. You might be able
to boost that by e.g. already keeping a control connection
to a fencing device open.

Regards,
Klaus