[ClusterLabs] Pacemaker 2.0.0-rc2 now available

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Apr 6 23:27:22 EDT 2018

Source code for the second release candidate for Pacemaker version
2.0.0 is now available at:

https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/releases/tag/Pacemaker-2.0.0-r
c2

The main feature of this release is an automatic transform for pre-
2.0.0 configurations to the latest syntax. Because this is a fairly
heavyweight operation, it is recommended to upgrade the CIB (via
"cibadmin --upgrade" or a higher-level tool equivalent) both before
*and* after upgrading from a pre-2.0 version to this version.

Rolling (live) upgrades are possible only from Pacemaker 1.1.11 or
later, on top of corosync 2 or 3. Other setups can be upgraded with the
cluster stopped.

There were also a number of bugs fixed. More details are available in
the change log:

  https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/2.0/ChangeLog

and in a special wiki page for the 2.0 release:

  https://wiki.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Pacemaker_2.0_Changes

I expect one more release candidate with significant changes, most
importantly the new daemon names discussed earlier on this list. The
final release will hopefully be not long after that.

Everyone is encouraged to download, compile and test the new release.
We do many regression tests and simulations, but we can't cover all
possible use cases, so your feedback is important and appreciated.

Many thanks to all contributors of source code to this release,
including Andrew Beekhof, Gao,Yan, Hideo Yamauchi, Jan Pokorný, and Ken
Gaillot. Thanks also to Fabio DiNitto and Jiří Belka for help getting a
successful build on *BSD systems.