[ClusterLabs] Trouble starting up PAF cluster for first time

Casey & Gina caseyandgina at icloud.com
Fri Apr 6 22:46:08 UTC 2018

It looks like the main problem was that I needed to add pghost="/var/run/postgresql" to the postgresql-10-main resource.  I'm not sure why I have to do that, but it makes things work.

For both this and my last E-mail to the list that was also a problem with the command being run to start the instance up, I'd like to understand how to diagnose what's happening better myself instead of resorting to guesswork.

How can I tell exactly what the command is that Pacemaker ends up calling to start PostgreSQL?  I don't see it in corosync.log.  If I could see exactly what was being tried, I could try running it by hand and determine the problem myself a lot more effectively.

Best wishes,
--
Casey