[ClusterLabs] How to cancel a fencing request?

Andrei Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 02:01:15 EDT 2018

31.03.2018 23:29, Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais пишет:
> Hi all,
>
> I experienced a problem in a two node cluster. It has one FA per node and
> location constraints to avoid the node each of them are supposed to interrupt.

If you mean stonith resource - for all I know location it does not
affect stonith operations and only changes where monitoring action is
performed. You can create two stonith resources and declare that each
can fence only single node, but that is not location constraint, it is
resource configuration. Showing your configuration would be helpflul to
avoid guessing.

> During some tests, a ms resource raised an error during the stop action on
> both nodes. So both nodes were supposed to be fenced.

In two-node cluster you can set pcmk_delay_max so that both nodes do not
attempt fencing simultaneously.

> The first node did, but no FA was then able to fence the second one. So the
> node stayed DC and was reported as "UNCLEAN (online)".
>
> We were able to fix the original ressource problem, but not to avoid the
> useless second node fencing.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. is it possible to cancel the fencing request > 2. is it possible reset the node status to "online" ?

Not that I'm aware of.