[ClusterLabs] Force stopping the resources from a resource group in parallel

Ken Gaillot kgaillot at redhat.com
Fri Sep 15 12:47:14 EDT 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-12 at 10:49 +0200, John Gogu wrote:
> Hello,
> I have created a resource group from 2 resources: pcs resource group
> add Group1 IPaddr Email. From the documentation is clear that
> resources are stopped in the reverse order in which are specified
> (Email first, then IPaddr).
>
> There is a way to force stopping of the resources from a resource
> group (Group1) in parallel?

A group is essentially a shorthand for ordering+colocation, so the
ordering is always enforced.

Instead of a group, you could create just a colocation constraint,
which allows the resources to start and stop in any order (or
simultaneously), but always on the same node.

If you need them to always start in order, but stopping can be done in
any order (or simultaneously), then use a colocation constraint plus an
ordering constraint with symmetrical=false.