[ClusterLabs] Strange Corosync (TOTEM) logs, Pacemaker OK but DLM stuck

Klaus Wenninger kwenning at redhat.com
Fri Sep 1 12:53:05 UTC 2017

On 08/31/2017 11:58 PM, Ferenc Wágner wrote:
> Klaus Wenninger <kwenning at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Just seen that you are hosting VMs which might make you use KSM ...
>> Don't fully remember at the moment but I have some memory of
>> issues with KSM and page-locking.
>> iirc it was some bug in the kernel memory-management that should
>> be fixed a long time ago but ...
> Hi Klaus,
>
> I failed to find anything relevant by a quick internet search.  Can you
> recall something more specific, so that I can ensure I'm running with
> this issue fixed?

puuh ... long time ago ... let's try

think using KSM & page-locking led to more stuff locked

than actually intended/expected (all memory used by ksm

iirc) which subsequently drove

the system into real trouble having to do heavy swapping on

the little memory left. In your case without swapping it is

hard to guess what would actually happen rather than oom

which is obviously not happening.

I would expect this issue anyway to be solved meanwhile

but anyway ...

Sorry for the degradation of my biological data-store.

There should be something on disk somewhere but

unfortunately I have no access atm.

Regards,

Klaus