[ClusterLabs] MYSQL data on DRBD

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Tue Oct 24 15:55:33 EDT 2017

On 2017-10-24 10:31 AM, Ken Gaillot wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-10-24 at 13:48 +0300, Антон Сацкий wrote:
>> HI list
>> need  inf how to setup cluster MYSQL
>> if DB files and  libs are on DRBD
>
> Hi Antony,
>
> There was a recent discussion of such a setup on this list. The general
> conclusion was that it poses problems, especially during mysql
> upgrades. A better possibility might be to use mysql native replication
> between the two servers. If desired, a pair of servers on a DRBD
> cluster could be used for each endpoint instead of a single server.
>

>> PS only one instance of mysql  is running

Running MySQL on one node at a time with DRBD replicating should be just
fine. The trick comes when you want to run it in two+ places at the same
time.

Anthony,

You setup a colocated service with DRBD -> FS -> MySQL -> virtual IP and
run DRBD in single primary. With proper fencing (which you need anyway),
you'll be just fine.

--
Digimer
"I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of