[ClusterLabs] Antw: changing on-fail action default

Nikola Ciprich nikola.ciprich at linuxbox.cz
Sun Oct 22 07:53:48 EDT 2017

> Hi!
>

> > I'd like to ask, if it is possible to change on-fail default action.
> > I don't want it to be "fence" but "block" even for clusters with fencing.
>
> This would mean any cluster with a problem would require manual intervention!

exactly. I want't fencing to be active for node hang/crash, but not for resource failure.
once something fails, it's reported by monitoring and handled byt our service guys.

what I definitily want to avoid is the situation  we had few days ago, when my colleague
wanted to stop misbehaving clone resource (ceph filesystem mounted on all nodes) which
failed and caused immediate fence of ALL nodes of otherwise healthy cluster..

> > but I don't want to have to change it for each resource..
> >
> > is it possible to set global default?
>
> See above. Still I understand what you are asking for. What's missing in pacemaker is a "time to fix the mess" interval (I vaguely remember HP-UX ServiceGuard had such a thing): So if the cluster detects a problem that would cause a node fencing, the cluster waits whether things change within some seconds or minutes, and then (if things are still bad) the node is fenced. However if the reason for fencing is no longer there, no fencing will be done...
> As far as I understand pacemaker, a fencing request cannot be revoked once issued  (it's in the queue of actions).
>
> Maybe someone with deeper insight can enlighten us ;-)

yup, seems like resource defaults mentioned below will be the correct way..

going to dig deeper into the docs..

have a nice Sunday guys! :)

n.

> Regards,