[ClusterLabs] set node in maintenance - stop corosync - node is fenced - is that correct ?

Lentes, Bernd bernd.lentes at helmholtz-muenchen.de
Wed Oct 18 12:23:42 EDT 2017

----- On Oct 16, 2017, at 9:27 PM, Digimer lists at alteeve.ca wrote:

> I understood what you meant about it getting fenced after stopping
> corosync. What I am not clear on is if you are stopping corosync on the
> normal node, or the node that is in maintenance mode.
>
> In either case, as I understand it, maintenance mode doesn't stop
> pacemaker, so it can still react to the sudden loss of membership.
>
> I wonder; Why are you stopping corosync? If you want to stop the node,
> why not stop pacemaker entirely first?

I did a /etc/init.d/openais stopped on that node i put in maintenance via "crm node maintenance <node>"

I think on my SLES 11 SP4 the init script from openais is responsible for both: cluster (pacemaker) and communication (openais/corosync).
I didn't find a dedicated init script for pacemaker.

Bernd

Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
Ingolstaedter Landstr. 1
85764 Neuherberg
www.helmholtz-muenchen.de
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzende: MinDir'in Baerbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Prof. Dr. Guenther Wess, Heinrich Bassler, Dr. Alfons Enhsen
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Muenchen HRB 6466
USt-IdNr: DE 129521671