[ClusterLabs] Is "Process pause detected" triggered too easily?

Jean-Marc Saffroy saffroy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 16:40:17 EDT 2017

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017, Jan Friesse wrote:

> > Could you clarify the formula for me? I don't see how "- 2" and "650"
> > map to this configuration.
>
> Since Corosync 2.3.4 when nodelist is used, totem.token is used only as
> a basis for calculating real token timeout. You can check corosync.conf
> man page for more information and formula.

A-ha! I was looking for that in the corosync.conf man page shipped with
Ubuntu 14, which of course ships corosync 2.3.3. Silly me!

So with the right man page, that's indeed spelled out under
"token_coefficient". Thanks!

> > And I suppose that on our bigger system (20+5 servers) we need to
> > greatly increase the consensus timeout.
>
> Consensus timeout reflects token value so if it is not defined in config
> file it's computed as token * 1.2. This is not reflected in manpage and
> needs to be fixed.

Actually the man page I see for 2.4.2 does mention this :) so I guess we
should simply comment out our setting for "consensus".

Cheers,
JM

saffroy at gmail.com