[ClusterLabs] Colocation rule with vip and ms master

Norberto Lopes nlopes.ml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 14:15:13 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Could someone give me a bit more in-depth explanation of the semantical
differences between the following:

(assume postgresMS is a master/slave resource for postgresql)
(ignore for a moment that the first rule could put the vip in the 3rd
[Started] node)

colocation backup-vip-not-with-master -inf: backupVIP postgresMS:Master
colocation backup-vip-not-with-master inf: backupVIP postgresMS:Slave

Basically what's occurring in my cluster is that the first rule stops the
Sync node from being promoted if the Master ever dies. The second doesn't
but I can't quite follow why.

Any ideas?